San Antonio, Texas
Originally built in 1926 , this Spanish Mediterranean-inspired house was designed by noted architects Atlee B. Ayers and Robert M. Ayers. Since the house became The Marion Koogler McNay Art Museum in 1950, eight additions have been completed to this facility. The project for the complete renovation of the original house included replacement of all finishes, new electrical and lighting systems, and upgrades to meet current conservation requirements pertaining to particulate and gaseous contamination, and humidity and temperature control. Also as part of Phase 1 was providing a much needed central plant to replace the inefficient stand-alone HVAC systems currently in use throughout the facility.